Comparing textbook treatments of the Iranian using Kyle Ward and Dana Lindman’s History Lessons.
- Brief background presentation on the Revolution.
- Iranian view of the take over the US Embassy (aka the “American Den of Spies”), from History Lessons
- Your school’s US History textbook’s account of the take over of the Embassy, or this excerpt from The American Republic
- Enrichment: account of the same event from your school’s World History textbook
- Student processing sheet:
Blog post reflecting on my first use of these materials.