I create student-centered lessons that expand their understandings of the world. In World History, this means emphasizing global connections and encouraging students to develop historical thinking skills.
- Comparing Textbook Treatments of the Iranian Hostage Crisis
- Global 1919: Paired Texts
- Global World War One: Contextualization
- Haitian Revolution: Who was Toussaint L’ouverture?
- Decolonizing the “Age of Revolutions” in the World History
- Swahili coast and the Indian Ocean world
- The Cold War Around the World
- Uncovering Apartheid
DBQs for Everyone
- Blog post explaining how DBQs can be for everyone
- Gandhi and the Indian Independence Movement
- Medieval West Africa
- Uncovering Causes of the French Revolution
- Understanding Early Communism